Friday, June 18, 2010

Summer is getting hot in Montreal!






I have been meditating on my last two posts and decided to conduct a study that will be detailled later although maybe not on the blog. On the first day of my study this striking image on the right emerged. It is a bit blurry but it reminds me of another Aztec God, the Jaguar.

I have also visited some cultural events in the city. I met with the visual artist Martin Beauregard pictured on the left with a fraction of one of his works exhibited at the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts this summer. The concept behind his exhibit is to compare ideas we had of us being the new world from the last century vis-a-vis the ruins evident in older European countries. He illustrates our ruins as a car graveyard, an old drive-in movie lot, an older cowboy reflecting on what he sees. DRIVE END is a free show you can drop in to contemplate as you cool off this summer. It will last until September 19 2010.

I attended the announcement of the latest nominees for the Gémeaux, the French version of the Gemini. There was excitement and joy as the nominees heard their names being called up. I am impressed by the quantities of web shows and /or series that now are so good they cannot be avoided. One of the most popular Musée Eden. The official ceremony will be in the Fall. You can take a peek at http://www.academy.ca/ to get more information on all the nominees.

I even went to the movies! TOY STORY 3 in 3D. What a delightful movie! All the usual characters are back, but there is a new love in Barbie's life as she meets Ken. How good was it? The only noise made by the audience of any age was uproarious laughter! You will love it! The kids will love it! Opens June 18.

-Lena Ghio

No comments:

Post a Comment